EuroCC@North MacedoniaApril 13, 2021 2021-04-13 19:22
EuroCC@North Macedonia is a Macedonian competence center for high performance computing, as part of the EuroCC project within the EU Horizon 2020.
The Republic of North Macedonia is one of the countries participating in the EuroCC project, whose main goal is to establish a National Competence Center for HPC, HPDA and AI, as well as raising awareness and application of these technologies in the operations of various entities in the industry, academia and public administration. The project started with implementation in September 2020, and is scheduled to end in September 2022.
The EuroCC project in the Republic of North Macedonia envisages:
1. Establishing of a National Competence Center for HPC, HPDA and AI
2. Identification and mapping of technical competencies for HPC, HPDA and AI
3. Centralization of access to scientific and technical expertise and knowledge
4. Establishing cooperation with industry, academia and public institutions through various communication channels.
Within the component aimed for establishing cooperation and transfer of technologies and knowledge between industry (with special focus on small and medium enterprises), academia and public institutions, the project offers the following opportunities:
- Joint identification of problems and proposed solutions to overcome them.
- Defining realistic scenarios based on existing data and supporting their analysis and solving by producing proof of concepts, prototypes and personalized trainings.
- Expert assistance for:
- High performance computing, statistical and predictive data analysis
- Accelerators, hubs and high-tech startups and spin-off companies.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge, skills, technologies and methods, by organizing:
- Generic trainings on HPC, big data and artificial intelligence
- Personalized trainings according to the needs of individual companies and organizations.
- Providing access to scientific and technical expertise and knowledge bases
- Sharing success stories and best practices of other entities in order to get ideas for using various HPC, Big
Entities with the greatest benefits of being involved in the project
Companies, public institutions or research entities that have a large amount of data and face the following challenges:
- Efficient data computing and processing
- Identification of a real scenario for the usability of the data they possess
- Statistical and/or predictive data analysis
- Efficiency and process optimization by increasing computing resources and parallelization.
Main benefits of being involved in the project
- Free-of-charge assistance in identifying and analyzing problems that can be addressed and resolved through the use of HPC, HPDA, and AI.
- Access to expertise in the application of HPC, HPDA and AI to improve processes and data processing.
- Free-of-charge training and knowledge transfer for employees responsible for establishing and improving process efficiency and/or applying tools in the areas of HPC, HPDA and AI.
- Free-of-charge development of proof-of-concept and training on how to apply it to solve problems in the field of HPC, HPDA and AI.
- Access to computational capacities for realization of concept proof and processing and analysis of high performance data.
- Exchange of experiences with companies/organizations that have already achieved positive results from the use of technologies in the field of HPC, HPDA and AI.
- Exchange of knowledge, modernization and support for the development of business models.
- Support for access to funds for financing of solutions to existing and new problems in the field of HPC, HPDA and AI for the development and opening of new business opportunities for companies/organizations.